2.10.2009

Kindle 2



Today, Amazon announced the Kindle 2. as a huge reader, I want one SO BADLY. I thought about getting the original (briefly) and decided that it was likely they'd release a new version, and they did. It's a little pricey, but the biggest selling point for me is $9.99 new releases. I'm always super bummed when a new book by one of my authors comes out and I don't buy it because the hardbacks usually cost $30 or so. Plus the appeal of being able to carry many many books with me at once.... I really hope this stimulus package goes through, that'll be my Kindle 2 money. :)

Josh and I told people all day about Shadow. We are beside ourselves with excitement, we cannot wait. We got everything we needed yesterday (aside from a couple things like a container to keep the dog food in and a doggy bed or crate). One of the guys Josh works with gave us a great tip. He said to get one of those Kong Balls, and what you do is mush peanut butter in a ball with a little bit of dog food and put a little bit of water on it, shove it inside the toy, and put it in the freezer. he said once it's frozen, it's not messy because the peanut butter dog food just comes off in chunks as the dog plays with the toy. cool, huh?

3 responses:

Becky said...

I have such Kindle lust right now. I haven't pushed that button and placed my order yet, but it's only a matter of time.

The $9.99 "hardbacks" are part of the reason I want one so badly, but being able to shop for books from home (or anywhere else I happen to be) and start reading immediately is a big draw.

Anonymous said...

I just saw that you're getting a new dog! How exciting and congrats on the new family addition. :)

smariek said...

I haven't seen a Kindle in real life, I think it's one of those things where seeing it and playing with it will sell it.

Post a Comment