2.07.2009

good day

Karatstix

Karatstix

Karatstix


I got my custom order from Karatstix today. I got a Knitter's Rule, a 1" stitch gauge, and a 6" ruler for maybe $30. She hand-draws pictures on bamboo tools she makes, then colors them in with colored pencils and seals them. So adorable, no? She included the cute keychain and 5 stitch markers as a bonus. I LOVE them. I originally saw them on Photo.Knit.Dog and I'm so glad I ordered them. More pics @ my flickr.

Also, in the mornings before work, I check my email on my phone (a palm centro). I saw that a new chapter for Wide Awake had been posted, which means that I read an entire chapter on my tiny phone screen while attempting to look like I was doing my job at work. it took forEVER. lol. it was a real good one, though, 2 pieces of dialogue literally made me feel like the air had been sucked out of my lungs.

Work was fairly busy. Josh went to a friend's house to help him move, so I took a 2-hour nap then went to McDonald's. blegh. McDouble SUCKS. it's like fake hamburger or something. ew.

I'm knitting away on both Jarrett's (Josh's youngest brother - 18) hat and the 4th pair of Bella Mittens. I've got about 2" on the hat and about 1.5" on the second mitten of the pair. Here is a picture of Joel's hat (Josh's middle brother - 21) that I sent for Christmas, and the progress of Jarrett's hat.

Joel's hat
as modeled by Josh, knit with KnitPicks andean silk.

Jarrett's hat progress
Knit with RYC Cashsoft DK in pale blue and charcoal (the rest will all be charcoal, too).

2 responses:

Alexis said...

The karatstix goodies are so cute! I'm going to have to get some.

Anonymous said...

So glad I was able to point you to Karatstix! I love her items and yours turned out great! :)

Post a Comment