2.03.2009

my luck sucks

So I got my alarm clock today and guess what! it worked for an ENTIRE TWENTY MINUTES. then, in the middle of a song, the sound went out. and never came back. ps, the customer service number for the product does not provide good service or even any troubleshooting. in the manual, it said to do a hard reset of the product. this means I unplugged it, took out the batteries, waited an hour, and put the batteries back in and plugged it back in. still nothing. oh, I know, I'll call customer service. here was our conversation:

Me: Hi, I'm having a problem with the ZN9B.
CS: What's your first name?
Me: Tasha, t-a-s-h-a.
CS: What's wrong with it?
Me: (explains)
CS: Okay, you need to reset the device..
Me: Oh, I did that.
CS: Un-plug the unit, take out the batteries...
Me: yes, I already have.
CS: then wait about an hour.
Me: *silence*
CS: *silence*
Me: .... Yeah, I did that.
CS: *stunned silence* and it still doesn't work?
Me: .....no.
CS: Well, you can either return it to amazon or send it here.

THAT was helpful. I am happy to report, however, that amazon's return process is much more helpful. I went to the site, found my order and clicked the return button, they had me print out a shipping label (I don't have to pay shipping to return it) and I walked down to the post office and put it in the mail. I was still a little pissed because I thought I'd have to wait until at least friday to get a new one, but a customer service representative e-mailed me and let me know it should be here tomorrow. How great is that? I do want to note though, that if I had just wanted a refund, the site said it would take 4 weeks after they received the return package. that would've super sucked. really easy, though. much praise for amazon.com.

I really have the worst luck with electronics. I remember having to return my ipod the day I got it because it refused to charge. and maybe I pick sucky cell-phones, but they always end of making me want to throw them (which I haven't, yet). AND when my zune got a firmware update, it refused to turn on. I eventually got that one figured out. And my laptop is constantly doing something or another weird. Josh thinks I'm like this super-smart techie girl, but I told him I've had so much trouble with the damn thing that I know which forums to go to where all the actual tech people are and they walk me through fixing my own computer. If I had any money to spend to take it in and have it fixed professionally, I'd do that. But I don't, so I resort to my own ways.

Worked this morning. Switched shifts tomorrow with Warren. tomorrow was supposed to be my 10am shift, but I changed with him to the 5am so I could be here when UPS comes so I don't have to drive all the way out there when Josh gets home.

Boy, am I wiped.

1 responses:

Anonymous said...

Yay for easy return processes! Sorry your alarm clock stopped working so quickly, hopefully this next one is better.

Post a Comment