2.24.2009

*yawn*

So sleepy lately. A bit of random celebrity sighting today. A few minutes after I got into work this morning around 5am, this guy comes off the elevator and goes to the front desk, and my ears perk up like "I know that voice.." and the dude then walks towards the doors (about 45 feet away from my little cafe) and I'm looking at him like "Is that......?" and I'm trying to get a good look without blatantly staring (because that's rude), and eventually he walked out to leave or whatever. The security guard walks over to me and goes "Was that Nick Lachey?" and I was like "That's what I thought!" apparently, he was in town filming a guest spot on One Tree Hill. That's pretty much the only perk to working in a hotel at 5 in the morning, it's when all the "stars" check out. I always seem to find that the guys are always shorter than they seem and the girls are always way skinnier. He couldn't have been taller than 5'10". *shrugs* like I said, random.

In other news, AngstGoddess003 has been forced to move her fanfic Wide Awake to livejournal. and the whole thing isn't there yet. fanfiction.net decided to be assholes and removed 2 of her chapters for "sexual content". While both chapters did, in fact, have graphic sexual content, there were mature warnings all over the place. apparently, what happened was some younger kid got caught reading it by their mother and instead of doing their job and, I dunno, PARENTING, they decided to pitch a bitch fit and have it removed. Yeah, that'll help you. Crusade against the corruptors of the internet and force them to remove anything that might confuse little Suzy and pretend she'll be a virgin until she's 30. Stupidness. At least with LJ it'll be pretty much set. She can make it friends-only and have a notice stating that there is mature content. Not that anyone can't just click the button that says they're over 18 or whatever, but at least she's covering her bases. Of course, she thought she was covering her bases over at ff.net, too. New chapter still isn't up though, and it's been two and a half weeks and I am dyyyyyiiinnnngggg to know what happens. Even though no one I know reads it, it's fun to geek out.

My nose is still getting stuffy. I called the only allergist covered by my insurance. Now, I got new insurance at the beginning of the year. No deductible, no co-pay. However, insurance will only pay the first $100. I called the allergist's office only to find out that a SINGLE office visit is $180, and that doesn't include any allergy tests. So.... for 2 minutes of a doctor's time in order for him to tell me "uh-yup, you have allergies" costs me $180?! fuck THAT noise. So an allergist is out. I actually took some children's benadryl last night and that seemed to help a lot. I'm beginning to think it may be something around the window we now sleep under because I feel like my nose plugs up almost instantly when I lean back against the pillow on the bed. I feel like I'm fine anywhere else.

*sniffle*

1 responses:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tasha, it's Stacy, I'm stalking you all over the internet. lol I just wanted to tell you that I am ADDICTED to Wide Awake. Now we can obsess over it together. =)

Post a Comment