2.22.2009

yucky.

I'm becoming less and less convinced that what I have is a cold. I'm starting to come back to the idea that it really is a wicked allergy. It's not too bad when I'm awake and sitting up. But when I'm laying down trying to sleep I literally cannot breathe through my nose. My nostrils are all red and dry. Last night I tossed and turned before finally getting up at 2:30 in the morning, going to Walgreens for some Zyrtec-D, coming home, and going to work at 5am. It SUCKED. I was like a zombie all morning until I came back home and slept 11-3:30. Then Josh and I took Shadow for a walk and took him to a big park.

ah-HA!


I had a lightbulb moment yesterday. We bought him all kinds of toys, including a Kong, a tug-o-war rope, a few tennis balls, and a tricky treats ball. he's only very mildly interested in a couple of them. He's not really into the Kong or the orange treat ball, he's been messing with his Nylabone a LITTLE, but not really. Last night I was sitting on the bed and I looked over and Shadow had stolen one of the kitties toys, a stuffed lamb toy. he was shaking it back and forth and playing like a regular dog, and it hit me, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH, he just likes SOFT toys!" so Josh and I went to PetSmart and got him a couple toys, a stuffed canadian goose and a stuffed frog. he's much happier. Josh has even gotten him to play with him the past couple of days, he's really coming out of his shell.

He's tuckered out today after going to the park (yay!).

blah, I'm sick of having a stuffed nose, I just wanna cry.

also, since this crappy sickness, I'm at the very least 3 days behind on my last 2 pairs of mittens. laaaaaaaame.

1 responses:

Anonymous said...

Your doggy is so cute! I'm glad you found out what kind of toys he likes... it can be difficult at first - as I should know since I have more dog toys in my house than anyone ever should, LOL.

Post a Comment